The Abis TA-1 Tonearm
- For a tonearm to be successful, it must have the sensitivity and stability to retrieve low-level signals, for which the quality of the bearings are key. While tonearm mass and cartridge compliance set the low frequency resonance point, and the point at which the cartridge is no longer under control of the arm, high quality bearings must be used that allow the arm to follow the advance of the groove, and to navigate vinyl imperfections without grabbing/resistance/noise generation. Resistance to movement creates unwanted low frequency noise and cantilever deflection, skewing the image and moving the signal generating coils/magnet out their ideal geometric relationship. The TA-1 employs a miniature radial bearing for horizontal movement and a miniature pivot bearing for vertical movement. Very high performance is achieved at a reasonable price.
- The saddle and bearing housing are machine-tooled from billet aluminum, and the arm is formed of high quality tubing.
- The hand-assembled, tested and adjusted arm-tube and bearing structures guarantee vibration-free and noise-free reproduction.
- Reproduced sound is precise, focused and clean, without bearing noise and inconsistent movements.
- The TA1 comes with detachable headshell, phono cable (RCA output plug, or optionally as XLR), screws, washers, wrench and marking pin.
- Though a conventional arm in appearance, the careful attention to detail produces an arm of outstanding quality.
|Effective Length (Tonearm pivot – stylus)||232mm|
|Practical Length (Tonearm pivot – Spindle)||216mm|
|Horizontal moving sensitivity||30mg|
|Vertical moving sensitivity||20mg|
|Vertical Tracking Force (VTF) range||0 – 3 g ( 6g* Option)|
|Cartridge + Headshell weight range||15 – 29g ( 35g* Option)|
|Height Adjustment（Plinth to arm wand centerline)||15 – 55mm|
|Vertical Bearing||Pivot miniature bearing (Not Pivot Contact)|
|Horizontal Bearing||Miniature Radial Bearing|
|Output plug||RCA (XLR : Option)|
|Output cable||Single core shield copper|
|Tonearm Audio Lead wire||OFC 4N Copper|
|Headshell lead wire||Copper with gold plated terminal|
|Headshell||Mchine tooled Aluminum|
|Tonearm Net Weight||580 g|
|Attached standard Headshell Net Weight||17g|
|Detachable phono cable|
|Screws, Washers and Wrenches|
As a value added feature, and to accurately adjust your new tonearm, all Abis arms will come with an Accutrak arc protractor. Click below to see the details.
Custom made in Japan for SIBATECH, Inc., Tokyo, Japan